I try to keep tabs on the happenings in the large-scale model world and received some exciting news. Agora Models has announced final details on their newest large-scale build: the Leopard 2A6 Main Battle Tank!
This 1:16 big-scale Leopard 2A6 Main Battle Tank is fully remote controlled and includes the following features:
- 27″ (68.5 cm) Length
- 9″ (23.5 cm) Width
- 7.5″ (19.5 cm) Height
- 10 lbs. (4.5 kg) Weight – approximate
- Remote Control Unit with 11 cm color video screen
- Main lights, position lights and indicators all remotely controlled and/or automatic
- On-board video camera
- Motorized 360° motorized rotating Rheinmetall 55 caliber 120 mm smoothbore cannon turret plays sound effect and fires infrared beam at included ‘ruined building’ target with receiver to detect a hit
- 62mm MG3A1 machine gun with sound effects
- Metal tracks for added strength, durability and maneuverability
- Each wheel has independent suspension like the real Leopard 2A6
- Engine start/stop and running sound
- Smoke vapor from the engine exhausts
- Hatches slide open and closed, with removable commander
- Hinged side skirts can be lifted for easy access to the wheels and tracks
The Leopard 2A6 Main Battle Tank is available for pre-order now and will start shipping in June 2021!
After a long 3-month delay with no part shipments, we can finally continue the Ghostbusters Ecto-1 build with Stages 59-62!
Our interstellar journey has begun with the U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1071-D!
The Rear Carpets, Metal Grille and Metal Trims mod from Mike Lane has been installed into our Ecto-1 build!
If there is one thing that Mike Lane does right, it is adding the smallest details. Here, we have his new Delco Battery Sleeve mod for the Eaglemoss 1:8 scale Ghostbusters Ecto-1 partwork build:
The 1:8 scale James Bond Aston Martin DB5 has been completed with the final packs arriving this week!
I have had many visitors ask about the tools and supplies that I use to build my partworks, so I have created a ‘Shop‘ here with Amazon links to most of the items I have used along the way. All proceeds go towards supporting my site costs, not for profit. I hope you all find this helpful!
Add another partwork to the mix! We are starting the 1:8 scale Eleanor Mustang from Eaglemoss/Die-Cast Club!
It has now been almost two months without a delivery of my Ghostbusters Ecto-1 build up by Eaglemoss. Customer Service told me last week that all stages (59-62) of the next issue are out-of-stock with no ETA. It appears we are in a holding pattern again.
UPDATE Mar 16 2021: Stages 59-62 have now shipped and should arrive shortly.
Issue 22 of my Nissan GT-R build is being held up by an out-of-stock Pack 86. Unfortunately, Eaglemoss has no ETA.