Due to the Display Stand being out of stock at Eaglemoss, Stages 31+ of the U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-D are now delayed.
Another brilliant large-scale model is available for pre-order: this new 1:8 scale 1961 Jaguar E-type from Agora Models!
“Designed by aeronautics engineer Malcolm Sayer, the sleek, sculpted lines turn heads as much today as they did in front of the world’s press in 1961. Our model of the roadster version provides an opportunity to enjoy every inch of its perfect lines – inside and out. Let’s be honest, who doesn’t want to imagine themselves cruising through the countryside, wind in hair, feeling like Tony Curtis or Brigitte Bardot? However, the E-type’s appeal was as much for its driving as for its looks, with its brilliant XK engine capable of producing 265bhp and shooting the E-type to 150mph.
You’d definitely look stylish driving one of these full-size roadsters, but building and owning your own at 1:8 scale gives a new opportunity to enjoy an extreme level of detail. Let your imagination take you for a ride…”
Materials: body and chassis made from zamak metal, ABS components, rubber tyres and replica leather upholstery.
Length: 55 cm (22″)
Width: 21 cm (8″)
Height: 14 cm (5 1/2 “)
Number of parts: approximately 500
This model is supplied pre-painted.
- Functioning headlamps and taillights
- Windows go up & down by turning the handle
- Engine sound when the accelerator pedal is pushed
- Stop lights go on when the brake pedal is pushed
- Steering wheel operates front wheels
- High-quality-finish red paint
- Tan interior with replica-leather bucket seats
- Optional luggage rack sits on the boot
- Wire spoke wheels
Head on over to the Agora Models Jaguar page for more information!
Eaglemoss/Die-Cast Club has announced a sweepstakes promotion related to our Eleanor Mustang! One lucky winner will be flown to the Eleanor factory (Fusion Motors in California) for a tour, get to drive a real Eleanor, and meet Ms. Halicki herself. Fifteen second and third place winners will also receive prizes.
Be sure to enter before 11:59am EST May 12, 2021! You can find details at the link below:
I try to keep tabs on the happenings in the large-scale model world and received some exciting news. Agora Models has announced final details on their newest large-scale build: the Leopard 2A6 Main Battle Tank!
This 1:16 big-scale Leopard 2A6 Main Battle Tank is fully remote controlled and includes the following features:
- 27″ (68.5 cm) Length
- 9″ (23.5 cm) Width
- 7.5″ (19.5 cm) Height
- 10 lbs. (4.5 kg) Weight – approximate
- Remote Control Unit with 11 cm color video screen
- Main lights, position lights and indicators all remotely controlled and/or automatic
- On-board video camera
- Motorized 360° motorized rotating Rheinmetall 55 caliber 120 mm smoothbore cannon turret plays sound effect and fires infrared beam at included ‘ruined building’ target with receiver to detect a hit
- 62mm MG3A1 machine gun with sound effects
- Metal tracks for added strength, durability and maneuverability
- Each wheel has independent suspension like the real Leopard 2A6
- Engine start/stop and running sound
- Smoke vapor from the engine exhausts
- Hatches slide open and closed, with removable commander
- Hinged side skirts can be lifted for easy access to the wheels and tracks
The Leopard 2A6 Main Battle Tank is available for pre-order now and will start shipping in June 2021!
I have had many visitors ask about the tools and supplies that I use to build my partworks, so I have created a ‘Shop‘ here with Amazon links to most of the items I have used along the way. All proceeds go towards supporting my site costs, not for profit. I hope you all find this helpful!
It has now been almost two months without a delivery of my Ghostbusters Ecto-1 build up by Eaglemoss. Customer Service told me last week that all stages (59-62) of the next issue are out-of-stock with no ETA. It appears we are in a holding pattern again.
UPDATE Mar 16, 2021: Stages 59-62 have now shipped and should arrive shortly.
Issue 22 of my Nissan GT-R build is being held up by an out-of-stock Pack 86. Unfortunately, Eaglemoss has no ETA.
I haven’t seen any Mercedes 300 SL Gullwing parts for about five months. But, in the last 11 days, I have seen two shipping notifications for more packs. Unfortunately, it looks like they are still missing Phases 52-59 and 61 as they skipped them and shipped Phases 51, 60, and 62-67. Seems like they are not able to get their hands on the main body parts…
You have 24 hours to steal 50 cars, but the last one means the most. This is ELEANOR. The 1967 Ford Mustang Fastback that was customized for the 2000 release of Gone in Sixty Seconds. I signed up for this 1:8 scale Mustang Eleanor by Eaglemoss back in April 2020 and we are being told to expect shipments to start February 2021! I create a new myEleanorBuild.com site to capture all of the fun!