The technologically-advanced Silver Arrow that gave Stirling Moss his first 1955 World Championship victory
“A streamlined silver masterpiece, the Mercedes-Benz W 196 R was designed for the 1954/55 racing seasons, leaving its competitors in its wake. With nine victories and fastest laps, eight pole positions in twelve Grand Prix races and two world champion’s titles, the W 196 R is one of the finest racing cars in history.”
This partwork model consists of approximately 450 parts made from die-cast metal with ABS and rubber details. It is a limited run of 500 units, which are individually numbered.
- 1955 Stirling Moss British Grand Prix winning Monoposto model
- Finished in silver and wearing race number 12
- Drivers seat in replica blue plaid seat cover
- Engine Sounds
- Working Steering
- Replica eight-cylinder inline engine
- Original wire wheel spoke design
All orders will include a specially designed display plinth, including:
- Illuminated Badges
- Metal Plaque with unique limited edition number
- Individually numbered commemorative gold-plated medal
- Signed and Numbered Certificate of Authenticity
This build is available for pre-order now, with shipping expected to begin in March/April 2023. As a limited-edition model, this Mercedes-Benz W196R is being offered as a FULL KIT or via an accelerated subscription where the first four packs (of twelve total) are shipped up front. Additionally, Agora Elite and Agora Master members have the option to buy the accelerator option in four monthly payments.
I think the 1950s had some of the most beautiful automobile designs, and this is just another prime example!