Stages 17-23 of our 1:24 scale FDNY Tower Ladder 9 build are now behind us. This was a great pack which included the Main Cab Body and marks the completion of the interior assembly!
Out of nowhere, Agora Models has announced a new model: Steve McQueen’s iconic Le Mans Porsche 917KH race car in 1:8 scale! Immediately available for pre-order, this partwork build is a faithful replica of the car from the classic film. This appears to be the same model available from IXO Collections in France, but includes the Agora Promise and wider distribution.
“The Porsche 917 is a racing legend – the most powerful and fastest Porsche race car to date with an air-cooled twelve-cylinder engine whose power in 1970 was an imposing 580 hp at 8,300 rpm. With an impressive racing record, the 917 is responsible for turning the German brand into a force that dominated the endurance racing scene from the early 1970s until the mid-1990s. In Gulf Oil’s famous sky-blue and orange livery, this is arguably the most iconic 917 of all time.”
- Length: 21 1/8” (536mm)
- Width: 10″ (254mm)
- Height: 4 1/2” (115mm)
- Materials: This die-cast metal model includes electronics and ABS parts
- Number of parts: Approximately 600
- Faithfully reproduced 12-cylinder V 180 engine
- Butterfly doors open to display the cockpit
- Working steering wheel turns the wheels
- Active suspension
- Fully operating headlights, rear and interior lights
- Firestone racing tires
- All parts come ready-painted – no painting required