After a build hiatus, I have returned to tackling the extension DeLorean Issues 131-140!
Eaglemoss/Die-Cast Club has announced a sweepstakes promotion related to our Eleanor Mustang! One lucky winner will be flown to the Eleanor factory (Fusion Motors in California) for a tour, get to drive a real Eleanor, and meet Ms. Halicki herself. Fifteen second and third place winners will also receive prizes.
Be sure to enter before 11:59am EST May 12, 2021! You can find details at the link below:
I try to keep tabs on the happenings in the large-scale model world and received some exciting news. Agora Models has announced final details on their newest large-scale build: the Leopard 2A6 Main Battle Tank!
This 1:16 big-scale Leopard 2A6 Main Battle Tank is fully remote controlled and includes the following features:
- 27″ (68.5 cm) Length
- 9″ (23.5 cm) Width
- 7.5″ (19.5 cm) Height
- 10 lbs. (4.5 kg) Weight – approximate
- Remote Control Unit with 11 cm color video screen
- Main lights, position lights and indicators all remotely controlled and/or automatic
- On-board video camera
- Motorized 360° motorized rotating Rheinmetall 55 caliber 120 mm smoothbore cannon turret plays sound effect and fires infrared beam at included ‘ruined building’ target with receiver to detect a hit
- 62mm MG3A1 machine gun with sound effects
- Metal tracks for added strength, durability and maneuverability
- Each wheel has independent suspension like the real Leopard 2A6
- Engine start/stop and running sound
- Smoke vapor from the engine exhausts
- Hatches slide open and closed, with removable commander
- Hinged side skirts can be lifted for easy access to the wheels and tracks
The Leopard 2A6 Main Battle Tank is available for pre-order now and will start shipping in June 2021!